Cravings are weird.
Right now there are things that I would not touch with a 10 foot pole. Chicken for one totally grosses me out. I was watching my favorite channel the other day (the food network of course) and someone was doing something with chicken and I almost got sick right there. It is so weird. Someone was telling me the other day that its your bodies natural way of protecting itself. Which makes sense I guess....I don't want salmonella...so stay away from chicken.
I used to think that pregnancy cravings were just an old wives tale. I mean please...how could you crave something so badly that you wake up in the middle of the night thinking about it?
Well...now my life is consumed with cravings. Seriously...its ridiculous. The second I think of something I need to have it. What is strange is that a lot of my cravings are for things I have not had in years or never even liked.
Lets see...what is currently on my list...
1. Vanilla Ice Cream. I used to hate vanilla ice cream. If someone bought a neapolitan carton I was totally the girl that would eat all of the strawberry and chocolate and leave the vanilla for some other sucker. Now its all I want. The other day Eric ate the last of my vanilla ice cream and I had to remind him of the rules. You know? The rule that you DO NOT eat the last of a pregnant womans ice cream?
2. Taco Bell. We talked about this before. But it still shocks me how much I enjoy it every time I eat it.
3. Spaghetti-o's. What? This started today. I did not see a commercial..no one was talking about...just all of the sudden I wanted...no CRAVED spaghetti o's
4. Pretzals and Queso Dip. I am sorry...that is just good stuff. The problem is when I start to eat it I can't stop. So...its not an every day thing
5. Necterines. I am sure you are happy to see at least 1 healthy thing on my list. I am in love with necterines right now. Good thing the random dude on the corner sells them every day.
I think thats it for now. I am sure I will have a million more cravings over the next 6 mths...what will be next?!?! Your guess is as good as mine!