Sadly, that is not really possible in our small New York City apartment. No backyard ... No balcony ... No BBQ.
I have however heard about those "rule breaker" new yorkers who do a little fire escape bbq-ing. Totally against the law...but I think I may have to take the risk and buy a small hibachi grill.
No "small scale" fireworks here either. All you have is the crazy televised Macy's fireworks along the river. Apparently people start claiming their space pretty early in the morning. I think I will pass on that one. However, you can see the river out of our kitchen window. So its possible we will get some fireworks after all. We will see....
Eric and I are going to still try and "stove" bbq tonight. I have to admit I have a fabulous burger recipe that is always a hit. So we will make some burgers, do some homemade fries and even cook up some baked beans. Then...its early to sleep for me as I have to work tomorrow...fun fun.
If you are still looking for a burger recipe I totally reccomend this one! They are delicous and super juicy.
Best Burgers EVER
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, evaporated milk, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, and garlic using your hands. Form the mixture into 8 hamburger patties.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill patties 5 minutes per side, or until well done.