Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Shes growing!

Today I am 22 weeks and 1 day pregnant. Pretty crazy!!! I feel like it is going super fast. Here are some 20 week pictures for you:

I am actually still feeling kind of crappy. I definitely have my good days and my bad days. I will say the bad days are pretty bad. I am ready to just feel "ok" again. While the nausea is slowly starting to fade, other fabulous side effects of pregnancy are starting to rear their ugly head. Back pain...round ligament pain (for people that don't know what that is...it's what is most commonly referred to as "lightening crotch")...acne...etc etc etc.

I have to say, I am very envious of the people that say they LOVE being pregnant. Do not get me wrong...I am so so SO excited to be having a baby and I feel very lucky that we got pregnant so easily...but this is not what I would refer to as "fun". I know once she gets here all the ugly side effects of pregnany will dissaper from my memory...but right now this is not easy and certainly not fun.

One thing that is fun....the baby is kicking up a storm! She is totally going to be a little swimmer (with the way she is kicking I am predicting her stroke will be butterfly)... or a Rockette (although I doubt with her parents height she will get past the first auditions). Eric has felt her kick a few times as well which is of course very exciting.

I think we have also decided on our furniture. We just have to put in the order!

Today we made our first big baby purchase! Not only did we make a purchase but we got one hell of a deal. I had a craving after the Martha show. For some reason I wanted a hot dog. Eric and I leashed up Toby and heading to a hot dog place about 15 blocks away. On the way up we stopped at a new baby store that had recently opened. They happened to have a floor model upholstered glider that was in PERFECT condition for 50% off. This is like a top of the line 700+ chair and we got it on super sale. It is actually EXACTLY what I was looking for in the exact fabric and color that we wanted. It was totally fate! Now we have a big ol' chair in our small apartment just covered by a sheet until we can get somewhere that has a room for the babies nursey.

As far as bedding goes. I found a fabulous vendor on etsy.com that is going to custom make our bedding with some super sassy fabric AND Michaels girlfriend Eliza is going to make us some custom artwork for the nursey as well ( I am SO excited about this, her work is AMAZING). This babies room is totally going to be a million times better than my bedroom!

So there is your update! A couple other exciting things going on that I will have to update you on when everything is set in stone. Stay tuned :)

9 comments:

Ashley said...

I know I say this often, but you are as cute as a button. :) :)

I LOVE the furniture, and can't wait to see pics of the rest of it!! I also love the idea of custom bedding! :)

Azull said...

Totally missed this post...it's a girl!! Congratz!

Mary said...

You look absolutely adorable! And I love the furniture!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah - I just happened to click onto your blog - what a pleasant surprise to see what you look like at 20 weeks - I can't wait til Saturday so I can feel that little girl jump - the bedroom set looks beautiful & I'm sure the glider is just as pretty - You are full of surprises - I didn't know that you were such a Martha fan - I wish I would have known that you were in the audience I would have watched it -
Love to the 3 of you
Bubi

Alleigh said...

You look wonderful!! Hopefully you'll start feeling better too.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, the baby is going to be a girl! I knew there was something in the Jersey water! The baby is so lucky to have you and Eric as her parents. Looking forward to the next update! Once the bambina is in your arms, you will forget all about what you went through carrying her!

Christy said...

You look fabulous. Sorry you're still feeling like poo.

Anonymous said...

that furniture is beautiful! I had cravings for hot dogs too!

Jaime said...

wow, you are sooooo cute with your bump! i love that second dress. sorry you still aren't feeling 100% but of course it will be so worth it when she arrives